- Android: Error Code 6
- Sending device information
- iOS: 'Unable to load directory'
- Missing Names/Numbers
About LIVE status
Next to races, we display a LIVE indicator to help you to know whether or not live timing is currently available.
If a race isn't showing LIVE, then it's typically an issue with the track's internet connection (most likely), or perhaps their timing system.
While we strive to maintain 99.99% uptime for our servers, and have for the past few years, we don't have any control over the on-site conditions at the events.
A very large percentage of the races have to upload their live timing data using cellular connections, often times in the middle of nowhere with limited cell signal.
If you see that a race is offline, they probably know about it (our system automatically alerts them), but timing the race accurately is a lot more important then getting their internet connection back online so that you can view live timing (I know, we all want live timing right now), so please be kind to them when they have issues.
You can always check our system status on our dedicated status monitoring website at http://status.race-monitor.com
Some general technical details about the statuses shown:
- Race Monitor Website - Our main site
- Race Monitor App Services - The API that that the app uses to pull in the directory, results, and race information.
- Live Timing Servers (individual) - The status of all individual live timing servers (we have several for redundancy).
- Live Timing Servers (shared) - Overall stats of live timing*. If this is offline, then we have major issues.
- Live Timing Backend - This is an internal service that is used to pump data between the servers in the cluster. If this goes offline, then we have major issues.
- Announcer Stream - Indicates whether our live audio streaming servers are functional.
* Individual Live Timing servers can go down, but if the Shared Live Timing Servers show UP, then live timing system is functional thanks to the redundancy that we've built into the system.